This City Sexton invoice from 1846 is the earliest document I found in the Common Council files detailing expenses related to the City Cemetery. See another list of Sexton's expenses that are subsequently disputed by city officials for being too costly here.

The Cemetery Fund was established to pay expenses related to the maintenance and care of the cemetery grounds, including the costs to bury the dead. The original idea was to use the money the city acquired through the purchase of family cemetery lots to pay these expenses. With the 1859 ordinance to stop the sale of lots, the city needed to set aside other monies for the continued care of the grounds. Burials in family-owned lots continued until 1866.

The Board of Public Works was established on May 6, 1861. Excerpts from the annual reports, with attention to details concerning the City Cemetery, and then the Lincoln Park grounds are presented below:

First Annual Report of the Board of Public Works of the Common Council of the City of Chicago, 1862
           By the terms of the act of organization this Board is charged with the care of the Water Works and the Sewerage Works, the Public Parks and other public places of the city, the Streets the River and Harbor and Public Buildings, the Bridges, the Lamps and Lights to the lighting of public places and buildings of the city and with the direction of all the public improvements hereafter to be commenced by the city.
           There have thus been transferred to this Board the duties of the Water Commissioners, the Sewerage Commissioners, the Street Commissioners, the City Superintendent, and of the Special Commissioners for the making of assessments.
--------------------------------------------------
p.74
CEMETERY FUND
Received for vacationed alley

Statement of Expenditures by the Board of Public Works from
May 6, 1861 to Dec. 31, 1861 inclusive.

EXPENDITURES
Labor and teaming expended in improving grounds of cemetery
Salary of John C. Ure, Superintendent
Trees and evergreens
Fountain
Nails and hardware


$10.00


$2,445.87


266.65
159.00
71.03
41.12
19.23

$3,005.90
 

FOURTH ANNUAL REPORT – year ending March 31st, 1865.

p. 23, sidewalks
Schiller between Clark St. and Lake Michigan, partly laid. Both sides. Little Fort Road from Wells to Asylum pl. – partly laid. East side.

p.28, For years it has been a great reproach to our City that there was no suitable building for the reception of patients affected with the smallpox. The Board have the gratification of reporting that this want is now wholly supplied by the convenient and commodious hospital erected under our supervision, on the lake shore, and on the grounds of the Chicago cemetery. It has been turned over to the health department, and is now in its charge.

p.29 Public  Parks and Cemetery The limited appropriation placed at the disposal of the Board for the benefit of the cemetery grounds, and the various public squares and parks of the city, have been barely sufficient to maintain their fences and sidewalks, and to keep the grounds in tolerable condition.

   
p.104 City Department. – Trial Balance, Ledger,
Board of Public Works.

Hospital on Cemetery grounds
Chicago Cemetery
North Clark Street Improvement, straightening

p.106, Board of Public Works Appropriation Fund
Digging graves in Cemetery, and sand sold
Rent of lots, account Cemetery fund

p.108, Expenditures

CHICAGO CEMETERY
Labor and teams
Salary Superintendent
Lumber and Nails
Hardware and tools
Printing interment tickets
Sawing and dressing lumber
Gravel ticket refunded

Deduct: Receipts, digging graves, sand sold, etc.
Rents of lots

p.110
Hospital on Cemetery Grounds
J. McEwen, contract carpenter work
C. Pasch, contract masonry work
Extra carpenter and masonry work
Debit




800.







$3,991.53
566.66
491.09
22.88
3.00
6.50
1.00







$7,550.00
4,735.00
280.25
Credit


$1,606.82
788.68



$3,101.25
104.50












3,143.75
140.50
FIFTH ANNUAL REPORT – year ending March 31st, 1866.
p.26
gravelled North Clark st. between North ave. and Wells st.
p.29
sidewalk laid – East side Clark st. from Franklin to Fullerton
p.35
At Lincoln Park the work contracted for including the excavating for, and formation of artificial lakes and artificial elevations of ground, the sodding around the borders of the lakes, and the trenching and grading of small portions of the park. As the only time afforded for doing the work was in winter, the progress made at the close of the fiscal year was not very great, but at the date of this report, the greater part of the work contracted for has been done, and the park already begins to disclose something of the beauty which it is believed it will wear when the plan begun shall be wholly carried out.

p. 36
At the Cemetery nothing has been done except to keep the fences, walks and grounds in repair. The abandonment of the “Milliman tract,” and the recent prohibition of further interments in the cemetery, suggest however the propriety of considering if it will not be well to provide for the exchange of all lots now owned there, and the removal of the bodies buried, and the conversion of the whole ground into a public park.

It seems unjust, when parties have made interments in their lots, to forbid their making any farther use of them for the purpose for which they were bought, and to compel them to bury their dead, part in one cemetery and part in another, without making provision for a suitable lot in exchange for the one which they are forbidden to use, or for some other fair compensation.

RECEIPTS.
Digging Graves in Cemetery and Sand sold

p.xxxiv - xxxv
Expenditures

CHICAGO CEMETERY
Labor
Tools
Lumber
Advertising Deduct – Rec’d for digging graves,
Sand and gravel sold

Sidewalk West Side of Chicago Cemetery.
Constructing 3052 feet walk
Advertising for proposals

p.xxxvii
CEMETERY HOSPITAL
Watching Hospital
Building outhouses
Tinning around chimneys
Repairing roof and doors
Labor on fence
Lumber
Advertising for proposals

p.XLV
LINCOLN PARK EXPENSES
S. Nelson, on account improving
Engineering
Sidewalk, 732 feet
Plan
Rockman
Advertising
Labor







































$2,721.50
19.25
8.50
41.25



$974.
24.76



$136.62
96.97
36.00
39.00
13.50
8.17
5.25



$3,704.43
277.05
256.20
100.00
91.00
69.37
28.00
20.00


































$1,382.05








$1,100.00
282.05

SIXTH ANNUAL REPORT – year ending March 31st, 1867.
p.28
PARKS
The work at Lincoln Park comprised the excavation of the main portions of the artificial lakes and the sodding of the lake banks, the trenching of the low grounds, and the embankment of the artificial elevations. The drives and walks were laid out, and the bed of clay and gravel formed for the main drive leading through the park from its entrance to the lake shore. A small portion only of the drives was made, but large quantities of clay and gravel were accumulated for future uses.

p.88
CITY DEPARTMENT
Trial Balance, Ledger, Board of Public Works, March 31st, 1867.

Lincoln Park
Lake Hospital
Chicago Cemetery

Sidewalks west side of Cemetery

p.90
BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS APPROPRIATION FUND RECEIPTS

Sexton’s labor in Chicago Cemetery 
Sand sold from Cemetery

EXPENDITURES

p.91, Add -  Sand had from cemetery
p.93
CHICAGO CEMETERY
Labor
Labor on fence
Lumber and Nails for fence
Tools
Inspector
Sand and gravel tickets
Four straps

DEDUCT
Amount received for Sand sold
Sand charged North division
Sexton’s returns

Sidewalks West Side of Chicago Cemetery
Filling walk
Constructing 391 feet walk

Lake Hospital
Lightning rods on Hospital

P.100
LINCOLN PARK
Swain Nelson, balance of contract
Nelson & Benson, on account of contract
Labor on walks and drives
Lumber and repairs on fence
Superintendent
Engineer































$22.50


$2,566,50
$263.24
$374.78
$25.18
$225.00
$5.00
$4.00







$207.50
136.85


$100.



$10,739.82
2,037.88
1,468.48
60.50
350.00
108.00

















$2,570.29
$1,171.31
$4,656.38

$156.29




$384.50
$2,35.85















$2,350.85
22.50
374.50
SEVENTH ANNUAL REPORT – year ending March 31st, 1868.

p.20
The following streets have been ordered curbed, filled, graded, and paved with wooden block pavement: (excerpt)
N. Dearborn st. from Michigan st. to North av.
N. Clark st. from Division st. to North av.

p.24
Lamp Posts ordered during the year
N. Dearborn st. between Elm and Schiller sts.; 15 Posts
Schiller st. between N. Dearborn and N. State sts.,3 ordered
N. Dearborn st. between Schiller st. and North av., 11 ordered

p.36
PUBLIC PARKS
At Lincoln Park, the artificial lakes were finished during the year, many of the artificial elevations, and the more important of the drives and walks. Eight temporary bridges were constructed at various places, a considerable number of trees planted, and much work done generally in grading, trenching and raising the ground, clearing away the low brush, etc. The carrying out of the original plan of improvement had so far progressed that by the close of the year the park had become attractive in appearance and a place of public resort.

p.55
fire hydrant installed on NW corner of Dearborn street and Burton place.

p.114
CITY DEPARTMENT
Chicago Cemetery
Sidewalk west side of Cemetery

p.116
BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS APPROPRIATION FUND
RECEIPTS
Received for removing bodies from the Chicago Cemetery
Rent of lot opposite Cemetery

EXPENDITURES
p.118
CITY CEMETERY
Lumber
Constructing fence
Nails
Labor
Gate Keeper
Sand tickets
Tools
Receipts for sand refunded
Coal

Deduct –
Received for sand and gravel sold
Removing bodies
Labor on Milliman tract in 1866

Rent of lot opposite of Cemetery

p.121
PUBLIC PARKS
Lincoln Park
Nelson & Benson, on contract for improving park
Swain Nelson, balance of contract
S. Nelson & Co., account transplanting trees, cutting grass, &c.
Trees 
Constructing fence 
Lumber
Nails
Superintendent
Hinges, screws and staples
Advertising
Labor











































326.42
135.40
41.00
1,245.73
600.00
14.00
7.25
4.25
12.50










$10,562.69
5,864.19
1,000.
790.50
725.41
498.32
51.25
242.50
6.37
15.50
2.50































$6,312.03
156.29




149.00
30.00















2,892.20
149.00
971.00
30.00

EIGHTH ANNUAL REPORT – year ending March 31st, 1869

p.50
PUBLIC PARKS
A contract was executed early in the year with Messrs. Nelson and Benson, the original contractors on Lincoln Park, for the grading and shaping of that part of the park (according to the original plan) not hitherto graded, for a large number of evergreen trees, for a drive connecting the park and cemetery, and for sodding and miscellaneous work as should be directed by the Board. This work has been in progress during the year. The park has, however, been visited by such large numbers of persons, that the necessary current expenditures for its maintenance in good order have amounted to a considerable share of the whole outlay.

p. 51
The Board were made the recipients during the year of an agreeable expression of courtesy and good will from the Commissioners of Central Park, N.Y., by the donation, through O.B. Green, Esq., of two pairs of swans, taken from the Central Park. They were placed at Lincoln Park, affording much pleasure to the visitors.

p.124
Sewer built from April 1, 1868, to April 1, 1869:
Dearborn st. from 256 ft. N. of Burton pl. Northward, 200 feet

p.192
Chicago Cemetery
Sidewalk west side of Cemetery

BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS APPROPRIATION FUND
EXPENDITURES

p. 197
LINCOLN PARK
Trees and walks,
Transplanting trees,
Sewer on Asylum place,
Damages,
Labor,
Superintendent
Flag staff
Bridges repaired
Freight on swans
Lumber
Advertising
One mower
Music stands
Gate tender

p.199
CHICAGO CEMETERY
Fencing grounds above city limits
Salary of gate keeper
Watching sand
Lumber
Deduct – sand sold





































$15,918.06
1,931.25
1,083.56
300.00
988.48
350.00
312.00
216.18
78.00
55.20
38.50
35.00
66.50
50.00



$515.85
900.00
179.00
12.17




























$4,731.
$156.



























26.55
NINTH ANNUAL REPORT – year ending March 31st, 1870.

p.60
construction and reconstruction of sidewalks, from April 1, 1869, to March 31, 1870:
W.S., N. Dearborn st. from burton pl. to North av. All built.
E.W., N. Clark st. from Sophia to Asylum pl
All built, except 150 ft.

p.74
PUBLIC PARKS
Among the improvements of the year at Lincoln Park, was the construction of a graveled roadway form the head of North Dearborn street through the cemetery, and along the lake shore to the park. Much was done in seeding down a large share of the ground to grass, in the planting of large elm and other trees and shrubbery, in the construction and enlargement of the bridges, the erection of suitable buildings and enclosures for the animals, and in expenditures for drainage; for lighting, and for supplying water.

p.103
Fire Hydrants – during the year ending April 1, 1870, new hydrants:
1 S.W. corner Dearborn and North av.

p.118
Sewers built from April 1, 1869, to April 1, 1870.
North av. From Clark to Dearborn
Dearborn from North av. Southward

CITY DEPARTMENT
CHICAGO CEMETERY

BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS APPROPRIATION FUND
EXPENDITURES

p.179
LINCOLN PARK
Paid Nelson & Benson for grading, cindering, building walks
and drives, planting trees, and keeping park in repair
Interest on temporary loans
Feed for animals
Iron work
Lamps
Wire Fence
Labor
Lumber
Salary of Superintendent
Painting
One flag
Miscellaneous items
Chairs
Advertising
Repairing hydrant

p.181
Chicago Cemetery
Gate keeper
Advertising






































$28,837.66
882.50
242.10
357.91
211.35
270.70
318.60
174.39
400.00
5.00
67.50
4.14
31.00
15.50
12.37



900.00
9.00
































3,978.85
TENTH ANNUAL REPORT – year ending March 31st, 1871.

p. 26
Assessments for wooden-block pavement
North ave. from N. Wells st. to N. Dearborn st.
N. Dearborn st. from Division to North ave.

p. 30
assessments for the erection of lamp posts
North ave. from N. Clark st. to N. Dearborn st. 2 postsp.44
sidewalks assessed and built by contractors
East side of North Clark st. from Sophia st. to Asylum place.
157 feet constructed of pine plank

PUBLIC PARKS

p. 52
LINCOLN PARK
For the introduction of the lake water into the Park; for the construction of several drinking hydrants and fountains of rock work; for a rustic carriage bridge, and for an artesian well, bored to the depth of 1,173 feet.

p. 74
distributing pipes laid during the year ending March 31, 1871
Clark st. between Wells and Wisconsin sts., 194’ long, 6” diam.
Clark st. between LaSalle and Menomonee [sic], 590’ long, 6” diam.
Schiller st. between Clark st. and Astor place, 918’ long, 6” diam.

p. 84  - new hydrants placed during the year
1 NW corner Clark and Wisconsin streets.
1 NW corner Clark and La Salle streets.
1 NW corner Clark and Menomonee streets.
1 NW corner Lincoln avenue and Franklin street.
1 NE corner Schiller and Astor

During the winter there were 1,600 instances of hydrants being found frozen. This was the largest number, even in proportion, that has ever occurred. … Hitherto the main dependence for preventing hydrants from freezing has been to pack manure around them. As the city increases in size this becomes more difficult and expensive, and is besides, in many instances, a nuisance. It is hoped that the system already commenced of endeavoring to make air-tight chambers around the hydrants, by means of boards and tan bark, will not only reduce the expenses of this department of the Works, but will diminish the cases of freezing, and do away with the manure nuisance.

p. 95 new stopcocks
One 6-inch, Clark street, north line of Menomonee street.
One 4-inch, Clark street, north line of Webster avenue (formerly named Asylum Place)

p.163
LINCOLN PARK
Grading, Cindering, building Walks and Drives, planting Trees, and keeping Park in Repair
Plumbing Work
Artesian Well
Water Closets
Feed for Animals
Lumber
Salary of Superintendent
Salary of Inspector
Hardware
Sewer Pipe
Brick
Advertising
Grass Seed

CHICAGO CEMETERY
Salary of Gate-keeper
Hauling coal


















$18,032.58




































$25,815.05
3,928.33
5,471.10
2,012.00
465.90
311.07
400.00
235.00
143.76
102.15
54.00
31.00
2.25


900.00
.38




$10,397.70
11,930.27



























































ELEVENTH ANNUAL REPORT – year ending March 31st, 1872.
This report contains an accounting of damages caused by the fire.

p. 4
The new City Hall, which had been occupied only about a year, and which cost the city about $470,000, was entirely ruined. The walls, although left standing, were found to be in such a damaged condition as to be quite useless in the construction of a new building, and are now being taken down.

There were six vaults in the building, which were intended to be fire-proof, and were occupied, two by the Board of Public Works, one by the City Clerk, one by the Tax commissioner, one by the City Comptroller, and one by the City Collector.

In the first four, which were composed wholly of brick, everything was preserved uninjured, while in the last two, in consequence of the giving way of the stone which was used for the floors, the contents were destroyed.

p.8 RECORDS, MAPS, Etc.
The records, maps, etc., in the offices of the Board, were very full and complete, and a great deal of inconvenience is caused by their loss. The records of the pumping works, and many very valuable books, papers, statistics, etc., scattered through the various offices of the Board, were lost and can never be restored. Fortunately, the means are at hand for reproducing most of the maps, but it will be a long and expensive work.

p.10
As before stated, the contents of the vaults, consisting of records of the Board, contracts, books of account, vouchers, etc., were saved.
(These seem to be the Common Council files, assumed destroyed in the fire, until their discovery in 1983 in a warehouse on the southwest side of Chicago.)

p. 47 PUBLIC PARKS
Lincoln Park

p.72
Distributing pipes laid during the year ending March 31st, 1872 (water)
North ave. between Clark and Dearborn, 210’ length, 8”diam. pipe


BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS APPROPRIATION FUND
EXPENDITURES
p.154
Lincoln Park
For Grading, Cindering, Planting Trees, and Keeping Park in Repair

Water Closets
Animal Feed (union park paid 683 for animal feed…)
Sprinkling
Wire Work
Plumbing
Hardware
Lumber
Lawn Mower
Painting
Gravel

Deduct – amount received for Labor

(NO MENTION OF THE CEMETERY IN THIS REPORT)








































$17,110.58







$13,378.19


1,289.20
652.46
681.75
505.50
237.50
117.45
259.20
73.15
56.89
3.04





























































143.75

TWELFTH ANNUAL REPORT – year ending March 31st, 1873.

p.30, Sidewalks laid
West side of N. Dearborn st. from Illinois st. to North ave.
East side of N. Dearborn st. from Illinois st. to North ave.
West side of N. Clark st. from North ave. to Fullerton ave.
East side of N. Clark st. from Division st. to Fullerton ave.
South side of North ave. from Orchard st. to North Dearborn st.
South side of North ave. from North Clark st. to North ave. bridge.
East side of N. Clark st. from North ave. to Fullerton ave.
West side of N. State st. from Cedar st. to Schiller st.
Both sides of Astor st. from Division st. to Schiller st.
Both sides of Burton pl. from North Clark st. to North Dearborn st.
Both sides of Banks st. from North State. St. to Lake Michigan

PUBLIC PARKS
pp.43 - 45
But little has been done at any of the Parks more than was absolutely necessary for their proper care and maintenance.
Lincoln Park, (Improved part)
Number of acres 56 1/2

As there is a probability that the care of Lincoln Park will soon be transferred to the Lincoln Park commissioners, the Board give here a brief account of what has been accomplished at that place while it has been in their charge.

Lincoln Park, as now laid out, embraces within its limits a piece of ground, running north from North avenue, one and one-half miles, along the lake shore, and contains about 240 1/2 acres.

The southern portion, containing about 89 1/4 acres, was formerly used as a cemetery. Its use for that purpose has been discontinued for some time, and it is now proposed to lay it out and ornament it as a addition to the part already improved.

Considerable progress has been made by the Lincoln Park Commissioners in improving the portion of the park lying north of Webster avenue, containing 94 3/4 acres.

The part which has been laid out and improved under the supervision of the Board, is the central portion, running south from Webster avenue 1,650 feet, and containing about 56 1/2 acres.

The first appropriation which was made by the city on account of this work was in the year 1865. The necessary surveys were made, and a plan for the future improvement of the park was adopted in the fall of that year. The ground at that time was nothing but a succession of sand-hills, with no vegetation whatever, excepting an occasional bush and a few scrub oaks upon the western portion. An old ditch had been cut through it by the Cook county drainage commissioners some years before, for the purpose of draining the low lands lying to the north. This ditch was filled with stagnant water a greater portion of the time.

The sand-banks were changing about from place to place, by the different currents of wind, like drifts of snow, and nothing could be donw towards starting vegetation until the surface could be properly graded and covered with loam.

In converting the ground to use as a public park, there was but little about it, excepting its location, that gave any promise of success.

The design adopted embraced, in addition to about five miles of drives and walks, an artificial lake covering about three acres of surface, and various hills and elevations.

The material excavated from the lake was used in making the elevations. After the grading had been completed, very large quantities of loam and manure were obtained, with which the surface was covered to an average depth of fifteen inches. Some portions were then sodded, and others were seeded for grass.

The walks and drives are composed of a bedding of blue clay, with a surface dressing of gravel. There are four bridges crossing the artificial lake at different places. Only one of these, however, is of a permanent character. The others were only designed for temporary use, and should be replaced by something more ornamental, and more in keeping with the place.

The surface of the ground is now well covered with an abundant growth of grass; and the trees and shrubbery, sufficient for ornament and shade, have been set out and are doing well.

Numerous caves, grottos, rockeries, and drinking fountains, have been constructed at different points

The artificial lake, with its swans and other water fowl, together with numerous specimens of birds and wild animals, collected in the park, contributes very much to the attractions of the place.

An abundant supply of water to keep the lake fresh and clear at all times, is obtained from an artesian well, which was sunk to the depth of 1,173 feet in 1870.

In this way this barren and desolate piece of ground has been transformed into a place of rare beauty, and the multitude of people who are constantly attracted hither testify to its value as a place of public resort.

The work, throughout, has been attended with great interest and satisfaction to the Board, and it is with pleasure that they are able to transfer it in a condition so thriving and prosperous.

A photographic view of a portion of the Park accompanies this report.

The following statement shows the amount expended on the improvement of the Park, and in its care and maintenance, from the commencement of the work to April 1, 1873.

1865                 $4.546.05
1866                 14,883,66
1867                 19,759.23
1868                 21,849.83
1869                 31,830.72
1870                 38,971.61
1871                 17,254.33
1872                 15,043.79                  
Total                 $164,139.22

p.74  water pipes laid in year ending March  31, 1873
Burton pl. from Clark to Dearborn sts., 185’ length, 6” diam. pipe

BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS APPROPRIATION FUND EXPENDITURES

p. 161
LINCOLN PARK
Labor
Animal Feed
Plumbing
Tools
Constructing Fence
Planting Trees
Hardware
Lumber
Coal
Misc. Items
Rope

















$15,043.79













































































































$13,099.15
712.09
690.32
151.31
143.00
146.56
15.00
22.58
32.50
31.62
6.20

 
THIRTEENTH ANNUAL REPORT – year ending March 31st, 1874.

p. 19
PUBLIC PARKS
On the 1st of July, 1873, Lincoln Park was turned over to the Commissioners appointed by the Governor.
The expenditures on the park to that date were $4,712.72.

p. 77 sewers laid
Clark st. from North ave. to Menomonee 1315’ length, 2 1/2” diam.
Dearborn st. from Schiller to North ave.

p.154
LINCOLN PARK
Labor
Feed for animals
Coal
Hardware
Lawn mower
Grass seed
Filling
Lumber














$4,401.25
177.67
24.00
18.08
44.70
11.50
32.50
3.02
 
On April 28, 1874, as recorded in the Lincoln Park Commissioners Proceedings (which can be seen here), the commissioners condemned seven hundred and twelve cemetery lots. Owners of those lots were offered 20¢ per square foot of land, amounting to $43.20 for a 9x24 foot lot.

See some records of disinterments before 1878 here.
__________________________________________________________

The published records continue in the Lincoln Park Commissioners Annual Reports in 1878:


Lincoln Park Commissioners Reports 1878 - 1886
Itemized Statement of Expenditure

No. 2346
April 17, 1878
Estate of W.H. Brown
cem lot, $43.20

No. 2349
April 27, 1878
S.L. Boyce
cem lots, $86.40

No. 2408
May 23, 1878
B.W. Raymond
cem lots, $86.40

No. 2449
July 5, 1878
J.N. Banks
cem lots, $58.32

No. 2485
July 19, 1878
S. McKichen
cem lot, $31.60

No. 2527
August 21, 1878
M. Keith
cem lot, $43.20

No. 2532
September 2, 1878
Catherine E. Gurd
cem lot, $21.60

No. 2561
September 28, 1878
Rose Hill Cemetery
cem lots, $38.88

No. 2622
November 8, 1878
Eliza Coo
cem lot, $21.60

No. 2665
December 4, 1878
Garrett Biblical Inst.
cem lots, $86.40

No. 2995
August 5, 1879
Henry Dodson
cem lot, $43.20

No. 3011
August 13, 1879
RoseHill Cem exchange of lots, $38.88

No. 3084
September 13, 1879
B.S. Morris
cem lot, $43.20

No. 3085
September 13, 1879
T.J. Holt
cem lot, $21.60

No. 3221
December 17, 1879
J.H. Tiffany
cem lot, $50.00

No. 3274
February 14, 1880
Van H. Higgins, Treas.
Cem lots, $116.64

No. 4221
November 17, 1881
A.M. Morgan
cem lot, $43.20

No. 4119
August 15, 1881
Rosehill Cemetery
exchange of lots, $38.88

No. 4098
July 13, 1881
Rosehill Cemetery
exchange of lots, $38.88

No. 4508
May 6, 1882
Van H. Higgins, Treas.
cem lot, $19.44

No. 4633
June 20, 1882
J.A.W. Donihoo
cem lot, $43.20

No. 4739
November 27, 1882
Seth Wadhaus
cem lot, $43.20

No. 4853
March 10, 1883
Van H. Higgins, Treas.
Cem lot, $76.78

No. 5012
July 9, 1883
Edward McGrath
cem lot, $43.20

No. 5023
July 9, 1883
Rosehill Cemetery
Exchange of Lot, $38.44

No. 5093
September 19, 1883
H.C. Bristol
cem lot, $19.20

No. 5094
September 18, 1883
heirs of Bristol
cem lot, $67.20

No. 5458
July 19, 1884
Rose Hill Cemetery Co, $38.88

No. 5641
December 24, 1884
W.L.Newberry estate, dec’d Acct of land, $7240.

No. 5908
September 2, 1885
RoseHill Cemetery
Exchange of Lots, $116.64

No. 5935
September 26, 1885
RoseHill Cemetery
Exchange of Lots, $19.44

No. 6140
March 17, 1886
RoseHill Cemetery
Exchange of Lots, $58.32

***************
1887 Amount expended:
For acct. of the Newberry tract, $8750.
For Jewish cemetery tract, $8240.
For exchange of cemetery lots, $304.56
 

 

 

Pamela Bannos © 2017